Sunday, February 17, 2013

MY INSIDIOUS INSOMNIA

 By Abdulsalam Jamiu B.
At my birth
when my head faces earth
 and my body sticks
almost lifeless inside
not because I'm aware of 'Death'
oh i'm so naive
about this 'Gaious' of our lives' Caeser.

At my birth,
I see Death preying on my mama's breath.
Hey! Why are you striving to seize her breath?
Seeing her insidious breath,
 my voice became filled with horror.

But, why would this 'insidious insomnia' about Death
glue perfectly to my restless consciousness
 ever since my mama's Death? 

Every time my eyes are steadily darting blankly,
my savvy mind becomes so pensive

as I see Death and its taste of horror
that brings fear close to my mind's ear.

At first in my imagination you appear
when suddenly your Polyphemus image is here.

I get soaked by fear
My heart shed tears

I shiver and quiver
as I see you
owlishly,
at my mama's soul you stare.

I see as Death proposed a date to my mama,
a date
to open the sod
 and thrust mama's soul
 to an unknown world that I hate.

Wait! Wait! I yell at death to wait
 oh! Too late death will not wait
since death is a slave to our dark fates.
 
I wish I had a wand in my hand
 and I would have banned you!
'Our bad fate from coming around.

Every morning,
 at my veranda
you hail  me as you pass by.
i know  one day
 you would stop by
just  to say hi.

Too bad,
 this 'insidious insomnia and I will always pear
because I know one day will come near
when you'll be here
 to hurl my soul into the air
and my body,
 underneath the earth it disappears
 just like you did to mama,
 'my dear.'

No comments:

Post a Comment