Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Day

By: Tunde Abdulsalam

Today! few years back, my savvy mind sneaked out of
my chest escaping through my too teeny ribs, 'azonto'
'azonto' into our sky, he dances his way as he flees.

Oh! Our lovely sky that is smiling, spreading a pleasant
blue colour attire that is so cosy like that of the sea at
night...

I see my savvy mind dancing as it wave above all roofs,
past the mountains, height above hills, looking down at
the oceans, flowing calmly, steady, in a motion that is
friendly.

My savvy mind could see the moon dancing, singing in a
sonorous genial tune...chanting: its a wonderful day in
the month of June...

To my savvy mind's astonishment is a Stream of
stars, shining, shimmering, gleaming, and sparkles of light
blinking and winking. I see these funky happy peppy
stars dancing as they flood towards my savvy mind with
a gentle dance of the Daffodils dancing to a mild
breeze's melody.

Wink* Trust my savvy mind grow so inquisitive, prying
into every thin air in his breath, asking why delight
spread everywhere, even in the wee air that flees the
atmosphere ...

A star is born!
A star is born!
Their convivial chant continues:

A star that plight to shine its sparkles of light on our sky
at night.
A star that is so bright as it plight to make Delight and
our world Unite.
A knight with a white bright soul like that of snow
A knight that promise to make the fire of our world and
delight ignite.

Happy birthday my friend Ganiu.
You'll live to feel comfort like that of morning dews
Your joy will always be new
Our proud star of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment